UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts several exams every year to recruit officers into the Indian civil service. CSE (Civil Services Exam) is one of the popular exams by UPSC. UPSC conducts CSE every year through which people get recommended for coveted posts such as IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS, etc. CSE exam assesses the candidates on many aspects like knowledge, analytical skills, ability to express ideas with clarity, personality, leadership traits, and so on in three stages prelims, mains, and interview. It opens up an avenue to the world of possibilities for youngsters.
Read all the foundational books for general studies prelims.
· Take the printout of the syllabus and read it carefully to plan your studies. Your aim should be 250 words of content for each topic on the syllabus.
· Go through past five years’ question papers to orient yourself to the kind of questions asked by UPSC.
· Take the benefit of the Internet to prepare for science and tech for extensive knowledge gain apart from books. Current Affairs is a nucleus to GS, so do a lot of reading. Note and organize the studied content to use during revision.
· Revision is a key to good performance in the exams that helps you recollect whatever you had read. Spend a dedicated amount of time for revision for both mock tests and the actual exam.
· Practice makes the man perfect. That is aligned here as well. Read, revise and practice.
· Plan well to practice and don’t overstrain yourself physically and mentally.
· General studies demand you to have outer knowledge on a vast set of topics rather than to have a piece of deep knowledge on one topic. Get introduced to a large set of topics and prepare for the exam.
· Improvise your reading skills by scanning and skim.
· Learn and practice drawing and label map of India in less than a minute.
· Observe strict time limits while giving the mock test. Appear for the mock test with the same seriousness as the actual exam.
· Through conscious effort, you must overcome the nagging tendency in your mains preparation. Never skip your mock tests to give perfect tests instead of postponing them. Meanwhile, finish the syllabus give a go to mock test.
· The coaching material you buy must add new material that adds the latest to your preparations.
· Finally, the key to the success of the exam is to understand the concepts, memorize the facts, and have grip over the entire syllabus.